Monday, September 28, 2009

Hey there!

A few notes. . . We had a great plant sale this past Saturday. It was cloudy and cool, and the rain held off until the very end. I'll post a link for a photo album from the sale in the next day or so. The "Walk on the Wild Side" this Thursday is about invasive plant species and why they are such a problem in the garden and in wild landscapes.

Please consider making a small donation of your time or a modest monetary contribution to aid the construction of the Easley Discovery Garden that I've mentioned here before. You can learn more about the garden at www.easleydiscoverygarden.com. If you'd like to donate your time, we'll be having a workday on Oct 10th to begin the formal construction for the garden. Monetary donations should be sent to Easley Elementary with a note that they are for the Discovery Garden attached. Thank you in advance for your support of this special project.

I'll be going to the Chicago Botanic garden this Thursday to present a poster about the design and construction of the Church Endangered Species garden found within the Blomquist Garden.. The conference is focused on global plant conservation efforts, and is timed to coincide with the opening of the new Plant Conservation Science Center at the botanic garden.
Go Bears!

2 comments:

  1. What a great website- the kids drawings are adorable, and so telling. I'd love to help with this project. Might want to check out paypal to see if you can set up an online account where people can donate to the cause. I've done that before and would be happy to help if I can! :) Katie V.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here keep up the good work vendita piante online

    ReplyDelete